🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨 LARRY BRODING VIDEO 🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
Video by Larry Broding at Word-Sunday.com. Links are in the left column.
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨 FR. TOBIN 🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
Small Group Questions
by Fr. Eamon Tobin
2. In the First Reading, the Israelite exiles are returning to a broken and ravaged land. Have you had any experience like that? If not, what do you think it must be like?
3. At this time in your life, are you waiting for anything in particular? Is there a waiting experience that you can especially recall?
4. What can help us during this Advent Season to be more alert for the comings of Jesus in our lives?
5. Name one thing today’s Gospels ays to us that we disciples of Jesus need to heed and act on.
©2020 Fr. Eamon Tobin. All Rights Reserved. Used with permission.
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨 FR. THIBODEAU 🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
by Fr. Clement Thibodeau
1. What evidence do you see in the way the Church conducts itself that it truly believes that the second coming of Christ is to be taken seriously? Do you really see a Church which stands in constant expectation of his return? Other than what we proclaim in the liturgy, do you think we are serious about the day of judgment? Why do you think we do no better than the original group of disciples in this matter?
2. Discuss the reactions of the members of your group to the message of watchfulness and the expected return of the Lord. Do any of you take it seriously? Do you have a sense of moral urgency as you engage in daily life? Are you truly aware that one must live as if the Lord were coming today? Have you come to a point in your spiritual development where you look forward with joy to the return of the Lord in glory?
3. Some say that the passage deals more with the present than with the future: that it really is a matter of daily accountability rather than one of final judgment. What does that mean? Do you suppose that there is some truth in that view? If we become accountable to Christ on a daily basis, what do we have to fear of the final judgment? Can we honestly say that we have become accountable to Christ in our daily living?
© 2017 Portland Diocese / Father Clement D. Thibodeau. Used with permission.
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨 VINCE CONTRERAS 🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
Bible Study Questions
by Vince Contreras
1. In the 1st Reading, what situation does Isaiah find God’s people in? How does that compare to the God’s people today? What is he calling on God to do? For what should we be asking God to do in our day? In the world? In the Church? In our own lives?
2. In the 2nd Reading, what kinds of gifts has God given to all believers by his grace? To what end are we given these gifts? How are you using the gifts God has given you?
3. In the Gospel reading, what are the three levels of Jesus’ command to be watchful?
4. What is the most exciting thing to you about the Second Coming? The most distressing? What questions would you like to ask Jesus about it?
5. Why do you think the Lord keeps secret the exact time of his Second Coming? What would be the advantages of knowing? The disadvantages?
6. How has the social or religious environment worsened in ways that you may have not noticed? How have you been affected by the changes? What need of watchfulness to you see?
7. Specifically, how can you fulfill verses 35-37: “Be watchful! Be alert…Watch!”?
© 2011 Sunday Scripture Study for Catholics by Vince Contreras. Used with permission.
Please be patient
as page loads.