This site is updated daily with many resources to help you prepare for Sunday Mass. The website was, in part, inspired by Pope Francis’ Apostolic Letter, Motu proprio “Aperuit illis” which established the Third Sunday in Ordinary Time to be devoted to the celebration, study and dissemination of the Word of God. Encouraged by this, I wanted to make a contribution. Over the years I had done many websites both religious and secular (i.e. TV shows). But there is already a plethora of blogs offering commentary. I asked myself, “What could I do different?”
What Makes this Website Unique
Throughout this website’s pages you will find embedded videos and channels from YouTube presented in a consistent and user friendly manner which is free from distractions. While browsing on YouTube, one has to be very careful of all the anti-Catholic videos and comments. There are people that don’t want to even listen about what Catholics believe and only straight out attack. They are filled with hatred, bigotry and bitterness. Moreover, they are not accurate concerning the actual truth of Catholicism.
Although other websites offer quality content (e.g. EWTN, Catholic Online, and Catholic Answers) and are good resources, LectioTube.com presents a broad range of Catholic Church beliefs and practices. Although all the videos are catholic they differ in the following ways:
- short <—> long,
- conservative (traditional) <—> liberal (progressive),
- formal <—> casual,
- different styles (music, artwork, tone/energy, etc.)
It is my hope that while viewers browse the curated content on our website, they will find related material that they would not have otherwise found. Although a few videos may be produced by non-Catholic organizations, the content in the video has been considered acceptable. If you find a video that is not, please fill out the contact form in the footer.
While other websites offer quality Catholic content, many of them offer paid subscription plans or have advertising on their pages. Since you will find no paid advertising, please consider disabling any ad blockers for this website as they can interfere with some of the features offered (e.g. Twitter feeds). Some videos may have ads which pop up, but can be dismissed; but they are not associated with this website.
For your convenience, we provide links to various other websites that may be of interest to you. The videos, however, represent the views and opinions of the original creators and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of this website. We do not claim responsibility for their content nor are responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advise, or statements contained within such videos.
This site does not in any way claim ownership or authorship of videos embedded on its pages. The owner of the video still owns the rights to the video. This website does not infringe on copyright. Individuals and organizations which do not want there videos to be embedded on other websites disable this feature on video sharing websites. A reference to the source of content can be obtained by clicking on the upper left hand corner of any video once it begins playing. You will then be taken to the original page.
Help Spread the Word
Please spread the word and let others know about this website via email, Facebook, and Twitter. I would be very much grateful.
This page is not for announcing new videos or ongoing weekly content, but rather what’s new in the website’s features, design and layout.
Wednesday, August 5, 2020
- STICKY MENU added to all pages. The main menu bar stays visible as page is scrolled down.
- VIDEOS RELATED TO READINGS- added to home page right column.
- WELCOME BANNER added to all pages – on this you will find the upcoming Sunday of the year.
- VIDEO PLAYLISTS have begun to be added to top header/banner of pages.
Monday, August 3, 2020
- USCCB readings have a new website. Check it out by clicking on banner in the right column.
- ALL PAGES tweaked for mobile phones.
- A lot of behind the scenes changes to make updating of the site easier and more efficient.
Thursday, July 30, 2020
- SAINT OF THE DAY SECTION – this new section will showcase videos, podcasts and tweets; most of my time the past week was devoted to getting this section up and running.
- HOMEPAGE – several changes in layout and design: left and right columns, in particular.
- GOOD NEWS! I have been busy this week going through the hoops and completing a very long form requesting for a second increase in the website’s YouTube API Quota which would typically max out by late evening (as more people are visiting the website and accessing the videos on it). The quota extension request was approved. The total quota is now 60,000 units / day. Previously it had been 10,000 and 20,000 units
Tuesday, July 21, 2020
- CHILDREN’S MINISTRY PAGES – expanded and optimized. Catechists/Liturgical Leaders’ now have their INTRODUCTORY PAGE, and CLOW Videos are featured on one page.
- CATHOLIC NEWS – A lot of time the last week was spent on this section which continues to be refined and optimized. The pages are loading very quickly.
Sunday, July 12, 2020
- CATHOLIC NEWSPAPERS & MAGAZINES – new section
Sunday, July 5, 2020
- CHURCH FATHER’S COMMENTARY – added commentary page / The Catena Aurea (or, Golden Chain) is a compilation of Patristic commentary on the Gospels and contains passages from the Church Fathers. In this masterpiece, St. Thomas Aquinas seamlessly weaves together extracts from various Fathers to provide a complete commentary on all four Gospels.
- LITURGY SPOTLIGHT – Added dropdown banner to top left column of HOME PAGE, just click on it to show recent videos from St. John’s Abbey in Collegeville, MN.
Monday, June 29, 2020
- ROSARY – CATECHESIS (videos) section added
- LITURGY OF THE HOURS – CATECHESIS (videos) section added
- CATHOLIC NEWS HEADLINES – Now easily accessible on the Front Page using tab at the top of the page. When clicking on “Catholic News” you will no longer will be sent directly to the news page (which takes awhile to load because there is so much on it (….I’m still working on decreasing the load time). Instead, visitors will INSTANTLY find the day’s recent news waiting for them from Catholic World Report, National Catholic Reporter, and Our Sunday Visitor. A link is provided to view videos and other news sources.
- CHILDREN’S LITURGY RESOURCES – Because this section is getting considerably larger, it was taking longer and longer for the the page to load. So I decided to break everything up into individual pages. What this means is that clicking on the tabs at the top of the page won’t be instantaneous. You will have to wait a couple of seconds for each page to load. I see this as a small sacrifice to ensure that initial load time has decreased from about 8 seconds to 2 seconds.
Sunday, June 28, 2020
- SUNDAY LIVE STREAM MASS VIDEOS – added section; accessed under the Home link on the front page
- DIVINE OFFICE – Added several more options to the page (including videos from St. John’s Abbey)
- CHILDREN’S LITURGY RESOURCES – added new features to the seven pages in this section, and did some reorganization
- POSTING OF WEEKLY COMMENTARIES: Since we have many visitors from Australia, New Zealand, India and the Philippines (who are fourteen hours ahead of EDT), I will try to update the commentary each week by MIDNIGHT (EDT) instead of waiting until noon on Monday.
Saturday, June 27, 2020
- CATHOLIC WORLD REPORT – created the following pages: Recent Articles, Analysis, Editorial, Essay, Opinion, Interview, Film & Music, History, Special Report
- OUR SUNDAY VISITOR – created the following pages: Recent Articles, National News, World News, Vatican News, My Faith, In Focus
Thursday, June 25, 2020
- CATHOLIC NEWS – improved the performance of several pages
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
- CATHOLIC YOUTUBE – Added CHRISTOPHER WEST channel
- SPECIAL NEEDS – Created section which include YouTube channels on special needs and mental health including FEATURED VIDEOS and PORN ADDICTION
- SUNDAY MUSIC – Added PLANNING RESOURCES to the top of left column. Just click the chevron banner to access Word to Worship’s Related Songs for this Week, Sunday Website at St. Louis University Parish Plans, National Association of Pastoral Musicians Planning Calendar (Members only), Bulletin Inserts, Pastoral Music Magazine, The Liturgical Singer Magazine, and liturgical planning pages from CanticaNova Publications (CNP) for the Ordinary Form and Extraordinary Form.
- SUNDAY MASS PREPARATION VIDEOS – Added FR. PAUL KIM, FR. BRETT WILLIAMS’ SERMON PREP, and SAINT EDWARD BIBLE STUDIES
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
- BIBLE STORIES – Added to CHILDREN’S LITURGY
- CHURCH DOCUMENTS & CATECHIST WEBSITES – Added to CHILDREN’S LITURGY (Chevron banners on top of left column)
Monday, June 22, 2020
- BLACK LIVES MATTER / RACISM – Added separate page for Black Lives Matter / Racism in the NEWS section.
- PRAYERS TO END RACISM – Added to PRAYERS
Sunday, June 21, 2020
Saturday, June 20, 2020
- CHILDREN’S LITURGY RESOURCES – Added HOMILIES/MASSES and SONGS FOR KIDS to section
- CATHOLIC SONGS – New section which includes CHOIR SONGS, FEATURED SONGS, PRO-LIFE SONGS and MARY SONGS
Thursday, June 18, 2020
- EXTERNAL LINKS now open in a new tab.
- MAIN MENU – added dropdown submenus
Wednesday, June 17, 2020
- CHILDREN’S LITURGY RESOURCES – Added INTRODUCTION (COMMENTARY for Catechists) to section
- SUNDAY MUSIC – Streamlined section and made it more user friendly
Monday, June 15, 2020
- For the last five weeks, some pages of the site had not been updated due to Covid-19 virus. (I was infected, hospitalized and placed in quarantine. I am feeling better now.)
Wednesday, May 6, 2020
- CHILDREN’S LITURGY RESOURCES – Tweaked pages; added FEATURED CATECHISTS section and MULTIMEDIA section.
Sunday, April 26, 2020
- CATHOLIC NEWS (MOBILE VERSION)- Made page more mobile friendly by creating WATCH/READ links at top of page. Users can now toggle between videos and newspaper/blog RSS feeds (without having to scroll all the way down the page).
Saturday, April 25, 2020
- CATHOLIC NEWS – Added the following RSS news feed in the right hand column of the page just below the Vatican Media Live link.
– The Wanderer
– Inside the Vatican
– Rorate Caeli Blog
They join the National Catholic Reporter, National Catholic Register, Zenit, and USCCB feeds. Click on the tabs to read each feed’s headlines.
Wednesday, April 22, 2020
- CHILDREN’S LITURGY RESOURCES – Videos, Resources, Mass Worksheets, Gospel Puzzles, The Kids Bulletin, and Superbook Videos.
Wednesday, April 8, 2020
- COMMENTARY Section each week will now include additional material from Agape Bible Study. Michel E. Hunt has given us permission to use portions of her extensive research materials found on the Agape Catholic Bible Study Website.
Monday, April 6, 2020
- GLOSSARY Section moved and restructured. Sections include: INDEX, VIDEO SERIES, and SUNDAY’S TERMS. This section will continue under construction for quite some time. As more and more video series are added, they will be categorized and accessible by filters.
Saturday, April 4, 2020
- BIBLE Section added featuring New Testament books. This section will continue under construction for quite some time. All pages will eventually be constructed like GOSPEL OF MATTHEW page (with Bible Study, Audio, Lectionary tabs). Bible project videos will be moved to left column where there will also be an outline of book/epistle with links to Wikipedia.
- GOSPEL PARALLELS page added.
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
- RECENT Sunday Preparation Videos tab/section added in order to make it easier for visitors to see all videos for next Sunday’s Mass on one page. LIST VIEW tab shows all recent uploads; ALL CHANNELS show thumbnail links of individual pages & recent archives of contributors.
- Updated the “buttons” in right column for 1st Reading, 2nd Reading, Gospel in order to increase visibility, especially for mobile devices (where they appear at the bottom of the screen)
Sunday, March 29, 2020
- DAILY MASS & GOSPEL REFLECTIONS: Added Catholic Guy TV to Reflections Tab/Section. This show appears on CatholicTV and is not for everyone’s tastes, but represents Lectio Tube’s commitment to having a variety of Catholic videos with different emphases and distinctive kinds of spirituality from which to choose.
Saturday, March 28, 2020
- NEWS: Added a LIVE FEED of St. Peter’s Square on top of the right column
Friday, March 28, 2020
- CATECHISM: Added Father Joel Hastings’s Basics of Catholicism Series and Birmingham Diocese’s Catechetical Institute Series to CATECHISM pages
- CATECHISM: Added “United States Catholic Catechism for Adults” USCCB links to left column. You can view INTRODUCTORY VIDEO on contents page
- CATECHISM: Added RELATED VIDEO Tab/Section
- CHANNELS: Added Fr. Schneider’s “Autistic Priest“
Thursday, March 28, 2020
- PODCASTS: Added “Coronavirus Crisis: Carpe Diem” to section. Join Dr. Peter Malinoski as he guides faithful Catholics through the stress reactions and responses that surface in the current coronavirus pandemic
- EUCHARISTIC ADORATION: Added LIVE ADORATION from Tyburn Convent, London
Sunday, March 22, 2020
- SUNDAY MUSIC: Added Music of the Mass Spotlight and
- SUNDAY MUSIC: Added St. Francis de Sales Roman Catholic Church (Ajax, Ontario) Music Video Feed
Thursday, March 19, 2020
- DAILY MASS VIDEOS: Added page