This site is updated daily with many resources to help you prepare for Sunday Mass. The website was, in part, inspired by Pope Francis’ Apostolic Letter, Motu proprio “Aperuit illis” which established the Third Sunday in Ordinary Time to be devoted to the celebration, study and dissemination of the Word of God. Encouraged by this, I wanted to make a contribution. Over the years I had done many websites both religious and secular (i.e. TV shows). But there is already a plethora of blogs offering commentary. I asked myself, “What could I do different?”
What Makes this Website Unique
Throughout this website’s pages you will find embedded videos and channels from YouTube presented in a consistent and user friendly manner which is free from distractions. While browsing on YouTube, one has to be very careful of all the anti-Catholic videos and comments. There are people that don’t want to even listen about what Catholics believe and only straight out attack. Many of these comments are filled with hatred, bigotry and bitterness. Moreover, they are not accurate concerning the actual truth of Catholicism.
Although other websites offer quality content (e.g. EWTN, Catholic Online, and Catholic Answers) and are good resources, LectioTube.com presents a broad range of Catholic Church beliefs and practices. Although all the videos are catholic they differ in the following ways:
- short <—> long,
- conservative (traditional) <—> liberal (progressive),
- formal <—> casual,
- different styles (music, artwork, tone/energy, etc.)
It is my hope that while viewers browse the curated content on our website, they will find related material that they would not have otherwise found. Although a few videos may be produced by non-Catholic organizations, the content in the video has been considered acceptable. If you find a video that is not, please fill out the contact form in the footer.
While other websites offer quality Catholic content, many of them offer paid subscription plans or have advertising on their pages. Since you will find no paid advertising, please consider disabling any ad blockers for this website as they can interfere with some of the features offered (e.g. Twitter feeds). Some videos may have ads which pop up, but can be dismissed; but they are not associated with this website.
For your convenience, we provide links to various other websites that may be of interest to you. The videos, however, represent the views and opinions of the original creators and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of this website. We do not claim responsibility for their content nor are responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advise, or statements contained within such videos.
This site does not in any way claim ownership or authorship of videos embedded on its pages. The owner of the video still owns the rights to the video. This website does not infringe on copyright. Individuals and organizations which do not want there videos to be embedded on other websites disable this feature on video sharing websites. A reference to the source of content can be obtained by clicking on the upper left hand corner of any video once it begins playing. You will then be taken to the original page.
Help Spread the Word
Please spread the word and let others know about this website via email, Facebook, and Twitter. I would be very much grateful.
This page is not for announcing new videos or ongoing weekly content, but rather what’s new in the website’s features, design and layout.
Thursday, May 7, 2020
- MUSIC PLANNING – Added more Liturgy planning resources for musicians and CCCB recommendations for Catholic Book of Worship III to MUSIC Section of website.
Wednesday, May 6, 2020
- CHILDREN’S LITURGY RESOURCES – Tweaked pages; added FEATURED CATECHISTS section and Four Levels of MULTIMEDIA section.
Sunday, April 26, 2020
- CATHOLIC NEWS (MOBILE VERSION)- Made page more mobile friendly by creating WATCH/READ links at top of page. Users can now toggle between videos and newspaper/blog RSS feeds (without having to scroll all the way down the page).
Saturday, April 25, 2020
- CATHOLIC NEWS – Added the following RSS news feed in the right hand column of the page just below the Vatican Media Live link.
– The Wanderer
– Inside the Vatican
– Rorate Caeli Blog
They join the National Catholic Reporter, National Catholic Register, Zenit, and USCCB feeds. Click on the tabs to read each feed’s headlines.
Wednesday, April 22, 2020
- CHILDREN’S LITURGY RESOURCES – Videos, Resources, Mass Worksheets, Gospel Puzzles, The Kids Bulletin, and Superbook Videos.
Wednesday, April 8, 2020
- COMMENTARY Section each week will now include additional material from Agape Bible Study. Michel E. Hunt has given us permission to use portions of her extensive research materials found on the Agape Catholic Bible Study Website.
Monday, April 6, 2020
- GLOSSARY Section moved and restructured. Sections include: INDEX, VIDEO SERIES, and SUNDAY’S TERMS. This section will continue under construction for quite some time. As more and more video series are added, they will be categorized and accessible by filters.
Saturday, April 4, 2020
- BIBLE Section added featuring New Testament books. This section will continue under construction for quite some time. All pages will eventually be constructed like GOSPEL OF MATTHEW page (with Bible Study, Audio, Lectionary tabs). Bible project videos will be moved to left column where there will also be an outline of book/epistle with links to Wikipedia.
- GOSPEL PARALLELS page added.
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
- RECENT Sunday Preparation Videos tab/section added in order to make it easier for visitors to see all videos for next Sunday’s Mass on one page. LIST VIEW tab shows all recent uploads; ALL CHANNELS show thumbnail links of individual pages & recent archives of contributors.
- Updated the “buttons” in right column for 1st Reading, 2nd Reading, Gospel in order to increase visibility, especially for mobile devices (where they appear at the bottom of the screen)
Sunday, March 29, 2020
- DAILY MASS & GOSPEL REFLECTIONS: Added Catholic Guy TV to Reflections Tab/Section. This show appears on CatholicTV and is not for everyone’s tastes, but represents Lectio Tube’s commitment to having a variety of Catholic videos with different emphases and distinctive kinds of spirituality from which to choose.
Saturday, March 28, 2020
- NEWS: Added a LIVE FEED of St. Peter’s Square on top of the right column
Friday, March 28, 2020
- CATECHISM: Added Father Joel Hastings’s Basics of Catholicism Series and Birmingham Diocese’s Catechetical Institute Series to CATECHISM pages
- CATECHISM: Added “United States Catholic Catechism for Adults” USCCB links to left column. You can view INTRODUCTORY VIDEO on contents page
- CATECHISM: Added RELATED VIDEO Tab/Section
- CHANNELS: Added Fr. Schneider’s “Autistic Priest“
Thursday, March 28, 2020
- PODCASTS: Added “Coronavirus Crisis: Carpe Diem” to section. Join Dr. Peter Malinoski as he guides faithful Catholics through the stress reactions and responses that surface in the current coronavirus pandemic
- EUCHARISTIC ADORATION: Added LIVE ADORATION from Tyburn Convent, London
Sunday, March 22, 2020
- MUSIC FOR SUNDAY MASS: Added Music of the Mass Spotlight and
- MUSIC FOR SUNDAY MASS: Added St. Francis de Sales Roman Catholic Church (Ajax, Ontario) Music Video Feed
Thursday, March 19, 2020
- DAILY MASS VIDEOS: Added page