May 10, 2020
“Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me.’”
Join Ken Canedo and Robert Feduccia as they break open the Scripture and play suggested tracks from the Spirit & Song repertoire.
Word to Worship
Sunday Website at St. Louis University
Learn what parishes from around the country are singing and music is enhancing their worship. During the pandemic, however, please be advised that not many parishes are submitting their music plans because no public masses are allowed.
Interested in sharing your parish music with the Sunday Website at Saint Louis University website? Please email their webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Association of Pastoral Musicians Planning Calendar
NPM serves thousands of Catholic parishes, schools, and institutions in the United States, enabling the Church to “sing the praise of God through divinely inspired musical worship.
View Planning Calendar (Member’s Only)
Pastoral Music Magazine – NPM provides FREE ACCESS to the first thirty-six volumes from October-November 1976 through September 2012. Each issue of the magazine is posted in PDF format for the use of pastoral musicians and others doing research on liturgical and musical issues.
The Liturgical Singer – A resource for cantors, song leaders, choirs, choir directors, and all who sing the Liturgy.
CanticaNOVA’s free liturgical planning pages for the Ordinary Form and Extraordinary Form consist of a Liturgical Information page and a Music Suggestion page (with options for liturgical music, hymns, choral and organ music).
More Planning Resources
The following suggestions from the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops for music in the liturgy are from Catholic Book of Worship III, Canada’s official hymnal for the English sector. Those who use other hymnals are advised to look at the titles and themes of the selections suggested and choose music with similar themes from their own repertoire.
- 389 Jesus Christ is Ris’n Today
- 385 Christ the Lord is Ris’n Today
- 406 Sing with All the Saints
- 388 Hail Thee Festival Day
- 396 This Is the Feast of Victory
Preparation of Gifts
- 384 Christ Is Alive
- 392 That Easter Day with Joy was Bright
- 394 The Light of Christ
- 395 The Strife is O’er
- 397 This Joyful Eastertide
- 398 We Know That Christ Is Raised
- 402 We Who Once Were Dead
- 603 Gift of Finest Wheat
- 393 Something Which Is Known
- 403 Now the Green Blade Rises
- 599 No Greater Love
- 605 I Am the Living Bread
- 386 Good Christians All, Rejoice
- 400 Praise To God in Heav’n Above
- 383 Alleluia, Give Thanks
- Choose Christ Missal 2020 #160;
- Spirit & Psalm 2020 #203;
Blessing and Sprinkling of Water
- Choose Christ Missal 2020 #18;
- Spirit & Psalm 2020 #176;
- Spirit & Psalm 2020 p.182;
- Spirit & Psalm 2020 p.184;
Presentation and Preparation of the Gifts
- Choose Christ Missal 2020 #275; Spirit & Song #244; Never Too Young #66
- Spirit & Song #244; Never Too Young #66
- Never Too Young #66
- Choose Christ Missal 2020 #273;
- Spirit & Song #257;
- Spirit & Song #282;