For women and men: God's calling comes in a variety of different ways. Some callings we might not even expect. Come explore what exactly He may be calling you to... (2:49)
God does not call all at the same time
Second Career Vocations
From today’s reading of the Gospel of Matthew, we learn that God does not call everybody at the same time. Some have been called early in life as the early laborers were called, having received their Baptism as infants, and have been faithful witnesses their whole lives. Some were called much later in life, even waiting until their death to be baptized.
Even on a daily basis, God's call can come in a variety of different ways. Some callings we might not even expect. Each calling is unique. We are called to learn and grow in God's grace and enrich their lives. Gods callings can come in many things and lead to many places you never dreamed possible. God has a plan for all of us and he share it with his love and mercy. In the end, no matter when we answer the call, we will all share the reward of eternal life.
In the bible we see the chosen people were called at different stages in their lives.
- Samuel was called, when he was a young boy.
- David was called in his youth.
- The sons of Zebedee were young men when they received the invitation to join Jesus.
- Simon Peter was an older man when he was chosen by Jesus.
- Abraham, was seventy-five years old when he was called by the Lord God to leave Haran the land of his kin, and go “to a land I will show you” — and he obeyed at once, starting Salvation History proper for all of us with that choice.